Monday, February 18, 2013

Pink by Lilli Wilkinson


Wilkinson, L. (2009). Pink. New York: Harper Collins.
310 pages
ISBN: 9780061926532 (Hardback)
Price: 16.99
Other Formats: Paperback and eBook
Awards: Highly Commended, Barbara Jefferis Award, Stonewall Award Honor Book, Amelia Bloomer Listee, and Rainbow Room Liste   
(Retrieved from the Author's Website).

Recommended for ages 13 and older.


Image Courtesy of Goodreads

Annotation: Ava decides to leave her public high school and old life behind and enrolls into an elite public school. What will Chloe, Ava’s girlfriend, think when she discovers that Ava has not only reinvented her image, but she has also decided to start dating boys?


Ah, Pink- the most feminine color of the rainbow, well, it would be if it were actually in the rainbow. Oh, where did it all go wrong? I thought I had it all figured out. It all began when I decided to buy that stupid pink sweater. I was just tired of pretending to be someone that I am not, so decided to escape from my old life. I decided to enroll in a fancy private school where no one even knew my name. Instead of being the Goth lesbian chick whom only owned a wardrobe full of dark colors, I was going to wear Pink, hang out with the popular kids, and date boys at my new school. Yep, a total makeover from the inside out is exactly what I needed, and it is what I ultimately got. Now, I don’t know where I belong, but I do know that it all began with the color pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment